Airservices is a government owned organisation providing safe, secure, efficient and environmentally responsible services to the aviation industry. Each year we manage over four million aircraft movements carrying more than 159 million passengers and provide air navigation services across 11 per cent of the world’s airspace.
Within Airservices, 'Air Navigation Services (ANS) Ongoing Training' team is accountable for the design and delivery of education and training activities which develop capability and maintain competencies of Air Traffic Controllers and Simulator Support Officers to ensure safe and effective service delivery.
Training is a key enabler for Airservices and presents an exciting platform for innovation and new technologies.
Airservices is offering some Simulator Support Officers a potential pathway to Air Traffic Control Traineeship. Successful entry into this pathway will be depend on you demonstrating satisfactory work performance (technically and contextually) and in addition, successfully passing an Air Traffic Control Traineeship Assessment Centre.
In this role you will ensure compliance, safety, business and regulatory requirements are met.
This position is being offered as a 6 month Fixed Term Employment opportunity only.
As a Simulator Support Officer you will deliver simulation exercises by performing the role of a simulator pilot, simulator air traffic control, and fulfil coordination as other agencies. You will also contribute to the design, development and delivery of innovative and high quality competency based delivery solutions to ensure effective and efficient training outcomes for operational air traffic control. You will need excellent communication skills to assess, evaluate, analyse and action information in strict time frames.
You will work within small teams and have direct impact and influence in the training process of our Air Traffic Controllers. This in addition to project work and continuous improvement methodology builds and develops our staff to reach higher levels of professionalism. Small and varied teams throughout ANS help empower our staff to demonstrate a “can do attitude” to add value.
Skills and Experience
The successful applicant will have:
- Demonstrated ability to interpret and action information/data in accordance with set procedures and strict time frames
- Proficient computer skills and knowledge of typical Microsoft Office Suite products commensurate with the requirements of the position, with the ability to learn and apply new technologies
- Proven ability to assess, evaluate, analyse and action information from multiple sources
- Ability to perform accurate mental arithmetic.
- Demonstrated ability to work and communicate positively in a team environment
- Hold and maintain ICAO English Language Proficiency at level 6 or equivalent.
- Ability to gain Simulator Support Officer Validation on completion of initial training.
- Training experience in aviation simulators, or a related field (highly desirable)
- Knowledge of simulator hardware and software systems (e.g. Thales, Adacel) (highly desirable).
- Aviation qualifications (flying or tertiary studies) (highly desirable).
Please see the link below to view the full Position Description:
SSO Position Description.pdf
Should you require any further information please contact Pasu Doraisamy (Melbourne) on Pasu.Doraisamy@AirservicesAustralia.com or Russ Dando (Brisbane, Sydney and Perth) on Russ.Dando@AirservicesAustralia.com
How to Apply
To apply for this position please lodge an application online via the “apply link” attaching your resume and a cover letter outlining your skills and experience and how they relate to this role.
Applications close 11.55 pm (AEST) Sunday 29 September 2019.
Please refer to the security check requirements successful applicants will be required to undertake as part of the recruitment process.
Airservices values social and cultural diversity and is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and the provision of a safe and healthy work environment.
In the interests of safety, we test for alcohol and other drugs.