Senior Commercial Officer
Job no: 498485
Work type: Full Time Permanent
Location: VIC, ACT, QLD, Various
Categories: Information Technology, Technology
Airservices is a government owned organisation providing safe, secure, efficient and environmentally responsible services to the aviation industry. Each year we manage over four million aircraft movements carrying more than 156 million passengers, and provide air navigation services across 11 per cent of the world’s airspace.
The Senior Commercial Officer will provide a proactive, consistent and responsive approach to achieving value for money (VFM) from third party spend and driving enhanced supplier performance in an increasingly contemporary service based environment.
This in turn will allow business partners to optimise their service delivery model/s and provide an efficient, effective and economical service to Airservices.
You will be able to demonstrate strong leadership and stakeholder management skills, particularly in leading cross functional teams to achieve commercial outcomes with a specific focus on supplier performance to drive an effective service delivery phase within the contracting lifecycle.
You will take into account the requirements of the Business providing advice on how these needs may be best met ensuring that contracts are effectively governed in line with Airservices’ frameworks and professional best practise.
As a Senior Commercial Officer within the Strategic Partner Management team you will work within a highly motivated and professional team. The environment is dynamic, results oriented and customer focused.
Skills and Experience
The successful applicant will have:
- Experience in conducting complex strategic sourcing and commercial management activities.
- Expertise in the provision of commercial advice to key stakeholders in respect of the management of commercial agreements and vendor relationships.
- Category and Supplier Relationship management experience.
- Ability to positively influence stakeholders and cross functional teams to ensure that optimal business outcomes are achieved.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple work packages and projects.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- An entrepreneurial mindset/demonstrated commercial acumen.
- Professional affiliation to a recognised professional body such as ICCM, CIPS or equivalent would be desirable but are not essential.
- Understanding of Technical and/or service based environments would be desirable but are not essential.
Please see the link below to view the full Position Description:
Position Description - Senior Commercial Officer.pdf
Should you require any further information please contact Nathan Ward on 02 6268 4255 or firstname.lastname@example.org
How to Apply
To apply for this position please lodge an application online via the “apply link” attaching your resume and a cover letter outlining your skills and experience and how they relate to this role.
Applications close 11.55 pm (AEST) Wednesday 29 May 2019.
Please refer to the security check requirements successful applicants will be required to undertake as part of the recruitment process.
Airservices values social and cultural diversity and is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and the provision of a safe and healthy work environment.
In the interests of safety, we test for alcohol and other drugs.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Application close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now