Airservices is a government owned organisation providing safe, secure, efficient and environmentally responsible services to the aviation industry.
Each year we manage over four million aircraft movements carrying more than 156 million passengers, and provide air navigation services across 11 per cent of the world’s airspace.
Airservices has two major operating centres in Melbourne and Brisbane and a corporate office in Canberra. We operate 29 air traffic control towers at international and regional airports, and provide aviation rescue fire fighting services at 26 Australian airports.
The Senior Tax Advisor (Income Tax) role will be responsible for providing taxation services to support the Airservices tax governance framework; provide taxation advisory services, provide taxation assurance services and provide taxation compliance services so as to effectively manage the organisation’s taxation model and taxation obligations.
The role will also provide support to manage Airservices superannuation governance obligations including evaluating and resolving superannuation issues, changes in legislation/practice as they emerge and provide superannuation advisory services.
The successful applicant will be required to work effectively and collaboratively with a team environment to ensure the taxation and superannuation governance frameworks, advice, assurance and compliance obligations are implemented and maintained.
You will be able to establish, develop and maintain effective working relationships with staff and stakeholders within Airservices, as well as from external sources, providers, advisors, regulatory bodies.
As a tax specialist, you will have the ability to present and communicate taxation and superannuation legislation proficiently to staff and stakeholders in a clear and concise manner both verbally and in writing.
The applicant will have a proactive and positive approach, be innovative, consultative and collaborative, resilient, resolution focused and personally accountable for the quality of performance, delivery of services and self-development.
Skills and Experience
The successful applicant will have:
- Recognised university degree or equivalent in accounting or business supplemented by studies or courses in taxation.
- Tertiary and professional qualifications (CA or CPA) in accounting, supplemented by regular/systematic courses or studies on tax development
- Broad in-depth knowledge and solid understanding of technical and compliance taxation issues including international tax and Research & Development.
- Demonstrated experience in the area of Superannuation.
- Taxation experience in an accountancy firm, company or Government equivalent should the order of 5 to 10 years.
- A wide working knowledge of the operation and functionality of corporate financial systems (e.g. SAP) and Microsoft business software (e.g. Word, Excel and Access) and external software for the preparation of returns (e.g. Tax Integrator)
- Proven ability in researching and analysing taxation and superannuation compliance requirements and implementing processes/procedures to address compliance requirements.
- Demonstrated problem solving, conceptual and analytical skills, modelling, with a capacity to deliver timely outcomes under pressure and with minimal direction.
Please see the link below to view the full Position Description:
ASA7 - Senior Tax Advisor (Income Tax) - PD.pdf
Should you require any further information please contact Vera Hronopoulos on 02 6268 5457 or via email email@example.com
How to Apply
To apply for this position please lodge an application online via the “apply link” by completing the application form and attaching your resume and a cover letter
Applications close 11.55pm (AEST) Sunday 25th February 2018.
Please refer to the security check requirements successful applicants will be required to undertake as part of the recruitment process.
Airservices is a government owned corporation providing the aviation industry with services such as air traffic control, navigation facilities and aviation rescue and fire fighting.
Airservices values social and cultural diversity and is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and the provision of a safe and healthy work environment.
In the interests of safety, we test for alcohol and other drugs.