Air Traffic Control Instructor
Job no: 499906
Work type: Full Time Permanent
Categories: Various categories
Airservices Australia is a government-owned organisation responsible for the safe and efficient management of 11% of the world’s airspace and provision of aviation rescue fire fighting services at Australia’s busiest airports.
Our people are our greatest asset with a dynamic and diverse team operating from locations across the country - from bustling cities to regional and remote locations, including an island. This team keep Australia’s aviation industry safe every day of the year, both in the air and on the ground.
We connect people with their world safely – linking family and friends, generating economic activity, creating jobs, and facilitating trade and tourism.
Airservices is committed to fostering a culture that is diverse, inclusive, and respectful. We encourage motivated individuals who love what they do, value a service first mindset and embrace a challenge to explore a career with Airservices. In return you will be a valued team member, be offered flexibility and experience a meaningful career in an exciting, ever-evolving aviation industry.
The Role & The Team
Air Traffic Control Instructors work in a regulated, compliance driven environment with a strong emphasis on implementing operational safety enhancements, compliance, courseware improvement, and building the technical capability of Air Traffic Controllers within the Air Traffic Services (ATS) Initial Training Unit.
Air Traffic Control Instructors work within a Registered Training Organisation (RTO) and are regulated by the Australian Skills Quality Authority (ASQA) and the Civil Aviation Safety Authority (CASA).
You will have a strong team and service delivery focus and the ability to train, mentor and coach Air Traffic Controllers in training. Within your remit, you will be accountable for the delivery of training and assessment in remote, classroom and simulator environments to develop and attain competency. Additionally, you will have the capability to facilitate and execute targeted learning and developmental remedial strategies and learning outcomes.
In this role, you will work in collaboration with other Instructors to deliver and assess Trainees in the Diploma of Aviation (Air Traffic Control) training package, and other training programs aligned to the training curriculum.
You will find your career with Airservices challenging and highly rewarding. Airservices offers a range of benefits which will foster and enhance your career. Benefits include:
- Excellent remuneration – Airservices Australia Enterprise Agreement 2019-2022.
- Generous 14% superannuation contribution
- Ongoing training and development
- Career opportunities in the areas of leadership, safety, training and projects
- Gymnasium with personal instructors in our operational centres (Melbourne and Brisbane)
- Secure onsite parking
- Supportive and professional culture
Please see the link below to view the full Position Description:
The successful applicant will have:
- a genuine interest in the success of others
- a ‘can do’ attitude
- experience in training, mentoring, and coaching, with significant exposure to delivering training and assessing competencies
- the ability to build collaborative and trusting relationships with instructional staff and students, supporting a culture of continuous improvement
- demonstrated strong stakeholder management and communication skills
- experience facilitating individual learning by providing appropriate feedback, in conjunction with targeted strategies, to promote positive learning outcomes.
You hold or have the ability to obtain qualifications specific to training and assessment in an operational Air Navigation Services environment including:
- Enroute Air Traffic Control experience
- Air Traffic Control (ATC) licence with Enroute ratings and endorsements within the last 5 years
- Be an Australian or New Zealand citizen, or hold Permanent Residency in Australia
Expert knowledge and extensive practical experience in:
- Design, development and continuous improvement of learning and assessment programs in accordance with regulatory compliance requirements
- Training delivery methodologies and strategies
- Training assessment and evaluation
- Airservices or equivalent On the Job Training Instructor (OJTI) qualification
- Airservices or equivalent Workplace Assessor (WpA) qualification
- Certificate IV in Training & Assessment (TAE40110 or TAE40116)
Airservices Australia is a diverse and inclusive employer that recognises the benefits of having a workforce that reflects the communities in which we work. We encourage applications from diverse groups including Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people.
To be eligible to apply, you must be an Australian Citizen or a Permanent resident as an ASIC is needed for this role. Please refer to the security check requirements successful applicants will be required to undertake as part of the recruitment process.
Should you require any further information about this opportunity, please contact James Milner - ATC Training Line Leader via email James.Milner@AirservicesAustralia.com.
How to Apply
To apply for this position please lodge an application online via the “apply link”, attaching your resume and a cover letter outlining your skills and experience, including those aligned with Airservices leadership competencies of:
- Working with people
- Adhering to principles and values
- Delivering results and meeting customer expectations
- Analysing, planning, and organising
- Initiating action
- Adapting and responding to changes
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time