Job no: 498873
Work type: Full Time Permanent
Categories: Air Traffic Control, Management, ANS
Airservices is a government owned organisation providing safe, secure, efficient and environmentally responsible services to the aviation industry.
Each year we manage over four million aircraft movements carrying more than 156 million passengers, and provide air navigation services across 11 per cent of the world’s airspace.
The role, situated at Airservices Sydney Air Traffic Control Centre, will report to a Director Operations – Terminal Services Sydney, and will be responsible for the delivery of safe, efficient and resilient Air Traffic Management (ATM) services within the Sydney flight information region on a day to day basis.
The Operations Manager, will supervise ATM Operations, and be responsible for safety/procedures for the Terminal Control Unit or tower. Through the efficient use of people, finances and assets, the Operations Manager will build a performance culture based on demonstrated productivity improvements.
The successful applicant will have extensive ATC experience, coupled with demonstrated leadership and management skills which will support, motivate and influence others in the achievement of goals and objectives.
Skills and Experience
The successful applicant will have:
- Hold or have held an Air Traffic Control License
- Demonstrated contemporary board air traffic control exposure including supervisory/leadership roles
- Demonstrated communication, liaison, leadership and management skills
- Demonstrated business skills, including in the areas of safety/risk management
- Demonstrated ability to manage high workloads, set priorities, meet deadlines and work effectively and flexibly to changing circumstances and priorities
- Tertiary qualifications in management, business or a technical field
- On the Job Training Instructor (OJTI) qualification
- Air Traffic Services Workplace Assessor (ATSWpA)
Please see the link below to view the full Position Description:
PD Operations Manager.pdf
Should you require any further information please contact Glenn Cox on (02) 9556 6406 or email on firstname.lastname@example.org
How to Apply
To apply for this position please lodge an application online via the “apply link” attaching your resume and a cover letter outlining your skills and experience and how they relate to this role.
Applications close 11.55 pm (AEST), Friday 28th February 2020.
Please refer to the security check requirements successful applicants will be required to undertake as part of the recruitment process.
Airservices values social and cultural diversity and is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and the provision of a safe and healthy work environment.
In the interests of safety, we test for alcohol and other drugs.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Application close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now