Job no: 498867
Work type: Full Time Permanent
Categories: Contract Management, ARFFS
Airservices is a government owned organisation providing safe, secure, efficient and environmentally responsible services to the aviation industry. Each year we manage over four million aircraft movements carrying more than 156 million passengers, and provide air navigation services across 11 per cent of the world’s airspace. Airservices has two major operating centres in Melbourne and Brisbane and a corporate office in Canberra. We operate 29 air traffic towers at international and regional airports, and provide aviation rescue fire fighting services at 26 Australian airports.
The Commercial Performance team provides financial and commercial services to the Aviation Rescue and Firefighting Services (ARFFS) Group. This includes implementing frameworks to support a high performance business environment which is aligned to ARFFS Mission and Vision and act as an interface between ARFFS and the Corporate Groups.
As a Contracts Advisor in the Commercial Performance team you will work with a highly motivated and professional team to support the ARFFS. You will support ARFFS by providing high quality contract management and support services. This position will liaise with the ARFFS staff to foster strong commercial outcomes and contribute to a high performance culture within the ARFFS Group.
To be successful in the role you will need to demonstrate that you have a strong understanding of, and experience in managing complex contracts and procurement activities. You will also need top be able to demonstrate a commercial mind-set, be proficient in the use of technologies and have a strong customer service approach.
Skills and Experience
The successful applicant will have:
- Successful and proven performance in managing and administering complex contracts and procurement activities
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience of contemporary supplier practices within a complex organisation
- High level interpersonal and oral communication skills
- Strong organisation and time management skills combines with a high level of analytical, problem solving an written communications skills
- Moderate understanding of contract law, procurement, contract management and supplier relationship management
- Strong written communication skills
- Strong influencing skills and an ability to effectively negotiate outcomes
- Demonstrated ability to develop supplier agreements and to effectively monitor and manage supplier performance
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in an accounting or business related discipline
- Essential: A degree qualification in a relevant field or an equivalent level of expertise gained from a combination of work experience training or professional accreditation in business or procurement
Please see the link below to view the full Position Description:
Contracts Adviser Position Description.pdf
Should you require any further information please contact Mark Cuthbert (02) 6268 4014 or Mark.Cuthbert@airservicesaustralia.com
How to Apply
To apply for this position please lodge an application online via the “apply link” attaching your resume and a cover letter outlining your skills and experience and how they relate to this role.
Applications close 11.55 pm (AEST), Friday 6th March 2020.
Please refer to the security check requirements successful applicants will be required to undertake as part of the recruitment process.
Airservices is a government owned corporation providing the aviation industry with services such as air traffic control, navigation facilities and aviation rescue and fire fighting.
Airservices values social and cultural diversity and is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and the provision of a safe and healthy work environment.
In the interests of safety, we test for alcohol and other drugs.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Application close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now