General Services Officer (Mechanical)
Job no: 498736
Work type: Full Time Permanent
You will perform maintenance and/or support to a variety of HVAC and Power generation systems that are used to provide support for the National Airways Systems as per prescribed standards.
The operational safety and integrity of the air traffic system is the most important consideration when carrying out any duties associated with this position.
An ideal candidate will be reliable, self-motivated and well presented. They must possess relevant licensing as specified by Legislative and/or Airservices requirements. Experience in the maintenance of HVAC systems is essential. Maintenance experience of Diesel engines would be highly regarded. Travel and work in remote locations will be a requirement of the role.
People enjoy working in this team because it provides them the opportunity to work on systems supporting the aviation industry in a professional and supportive environment.
Skills and Experience
- Certificate III in Air-conditioning and Refrigeration
- Current refrigeration handling licence (ARCTICK)
- Current Restricted Electrical Worker’s licence (REL)
- Current Australian Driver’s Licence.
- Apply a knowledge and understanding of the equipment, policies, procedures, instructions and other relevant documentation, appropriate to the position.
- Plan, organise and perform activities and tasks with limited guidance, for cost effective outcomes
- Work with limited technical guidance, in the maintenance and/or support of the national airways system and associated equipment.
A current Australian Government Baseline Security Clearance or ability to obtain one.
Please see the link below to view the full Position Description:
Technician Band 2_3 (1).pdf
Should you require any further information please contact Tom Hartelt on 0419 185 500 at Tom.Hartelt@airservicesaustralia.com
How to Apply
To apply for this position please lodge an application online via the “apply link” attaching your resume and a cover letter outlining your skills and experience and how they relate to this role.
Applications close 11.55 pm (AEST) Thursday 24th October 2019.
Please refer to the security check requirements successful applicants will be required to undertake as part of the recruitment process.
Airservices values social and cultural diversity and is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and the provision of a safe and healthy work environment.
In the interests of safety, we test for alcohol and other drugs.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Application close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now