People Services Advisor
Job no: 498684
Work type: Full Time Permanent
Categories: Human Resources, ANS
Airservices Australia is a government owned organisation providing safe, secure, efficient and environmentally responsible services to the aviation industry. Each year we manage over four million aircraft movements carrying more than 156 million passengers, and provide air navigation services across 11 per cent of the world’s airspace.
Airservices Australia has two major operating centres in Melbourne and Brisbane and a corporate office in Canberra. We operate 29 air traffic control towers at international and regional airports, and provide aviation rescue firefighting services at 26 Australian Airports.
The People Services Advisor will apply detailed and specialist technical expertise to a range of HR activities. The People Services Advisor will be responsible for providing consistent, timely support, advice and resolution to leaders on a range of operational people matters and conditions of employment.
In particular, the successful candidate will:
- Perform HR employee lifecycle transactions.
- Respond to general HR policy and administration enquiries.
- Assist in end-to-end recruitment, prepare employment contracts and undertake on-boarding activities for new employees.
- Process various forms to action position variations, transfers and relocations
- Maintain employee files and databases, source information and extract reports from SAP and other databases.
- Provide a high level of customer service through the delivery of accurate advice and building relationships with employees, managers and external stakeholders.
- Provide managers with guidance and coaching to address attendance issues, performance management and conduct matters.
- Contribute to the development, implementation and review of processes, procedures and documentation.
Skills and Experience
The successful candidate should possess the following attributes:
- Be driven and energetic – a flexible ‘can do’ attitude.
- Have exceptional time management and the ability to work autonomously and as part of a team.
- Have previous experience in HR operations
- Be highly organised and have good attention to detail.
- Have the ability to multi task and manage conflicting priorities.
- Demonstrate a high level of customer service and have the ability to respond accurately and quickly to events in a positive and resourceful manner.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills - verbal and written and the ability to build good workplace relationships with multiple stakeholders, customers across all levels of the organisation as well as external suppliers and providers.
- SAP experience (preferred).
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel and reporting.
- Mercer Job Evaluation system certification, workplace investigations, and/or managing workers compensation experience is desirable (preferred).
Tertiary qualifications and or experience in Human Resources or a related discipline will be highly regarded.
This is an exciting opportunity for a professional seeking to join a vibrant, fun and professional team to assist HR administrative functions.
Please see the link below to view the full role description:
ASA 5- People Services Advisor - PD.pdf
Should you require any further information, please email Marnie Mackenzie on Marnie.Mackenzie@AirservicesAustralia.com
To apply for this position, please lodge an application online via the “apply link” attaching your resume and cover letter outlining your skills and experience and how they relate to this role.
Applications close 11:55pm (AEST), Monday 23rd September 2019.
Airservices is a government owned organisation providing the aviation industry with services such as air traffic control, navigation facilities and aviation rescue and firefighting.
Airservices values social and cultural diversity and is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and the provision of a safe and healthy work environment.
In the interests of safety, we test for alcohol and other drugs.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Application close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now