People Services Manager
Job no: 498597
Work type: Full Time Permanent
Categories: Human Resources, ARFFS
Airservices is a government owned organisation providing safe, secure, efficient and environmentally responsible services to the aviation industry.
Each year we manage over four million aircraft movements carrying more than 156 million passengers, and provide air navigation services across 11 per cent of the world’s airspace.
The People Services Manager is a key leadership role that leads the frontline HR function to deliver upon our strategic pillar of service excellence through the provision of strategic and operational HR advice and services that drive performance outcomes of our 1000 strong Aviation Rescue Firefighting (ARFF) workforce.
Our Aviation Rescue Firefighting Service (ARFFS) responds to approximately 6900 aircraft and airport emergency assistance requests nationally; our primary function is to rescue people and property from an aircraft crash or fire and from emergency incidents on the airport. Our ARFF service is one of the world’s largest with more than 1000 team members based across 26 locations nationally.
You will lead a highly committed, professional, collaborative and fun team within a flexible and passionate work environment.
To be successful you will be an experienced senior HR practitioner having worked in a large nationally based and industrial organisation. The successful candidate will, among other things, possess:
- n broad human resource management expertise, strategically and as a practitioner delivering practical and solutions focused outcomes
- Experience in successfully leading a team, creating and sustaining a culture of high performance, collaboration and continual improvement
- Demonstrated knowledge of Legislation, Policies and Practices relevant to contemporary human resources management
- Highly developed interpersonal, representation and communication skills
- A successful track record of actively promoting diversity
- Highly Desirable – Relevant tertiary qualifications in Human Resources Management or Business and/or practical HR related accreditations
Please see the link below to view the full Position Description:
People Services Manager.pdf
Should you require any further information please contact Laura Taylor during business hours on 02 6268 4103.
How to Apply
To apply for this position please lodge an application online via the “apply link” you will need to attach your resume and a maximum two page cover letter or statement addressing how they feel they are suitable for the role, with consideration of role accountabilities, skills and competencies as outlined in the attached role description.
Applications close 11.55 pm (AEST) Sunday 28 July 2019.
Please refer to the security check requirements successful applicants will be required to undertake as part of the recruitment process.
Airservices values social and cultural diversity and is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and the provision of a safe and healthy work environment.
In the interests of safety, we test for alcohol and other drugs.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Application close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now