Safety System Specialist
Job no: 498590
Work type: Full Time Permanent
Airservices is a government owned organisation providing safe, secure, efficient and environmentally responsible Air Navigation and Aviation Rescue and Fire Fighting Services to the aviation industry.
Each year we manage over four million aircraft movements, carrying more than 156 million passengers, and provide air navigation services across 11 per cent of the world’s airspace.
As the Safety System Specialist (WHS Corporate / Emergency Planning) you will contribute to the maintenance of Airservices’ Safety Management System (SMS) Work Health and Safety framework and deliver specialist advice to corporate groups to enable them to effectively acquit their WHS obligations. You will also coordinate and oversight Airservices’ compliance with its emergency planning obligations.
To be successful in this role you will:
- Have considerable experience in a similar role within a large multi-regulated industry, and ideally hold tertiary qualifications in Work Health and Safety or a related field
- Have experience in the coordination of corporate emergency planning – including implementation and ongoing management of emergency plans, oversight of (and support to) Emergency Planning Committees and Emergency Control Organisations
- Maintain a broad understanding of key SMS guidance material, standards, and procedures across Airservices
- Possess highly developed written and oral communication skills including a strong capacity to communicate with influence to diverse stakeholders
- Have strong research, analytical and problem solving abilities
- Be an effective team player and communicator, with a professional yet highly personable approach to establishing collaborative and productive working relationships with your team and stakeholders.
The Safety System Specialist (WHS Corporate / Emergency Planning) provides input into the Safety System team. This team comprises eight additional members split between Melbourne and Canberra, working in operational safety, human factors, WHS and training quality disciplines. This team has a highly positive and collaborative team culture, working closely with Airservices business groups to address challenges and implement fit for purpose SMS solutions.
People enjoy working in our teams because of our friendly work environment and practical approach to finding solutions. Our staff get the opportunity to work across a diverse range of safety and environmental management disciplines; undertaking work at locations all around Australia.
Skills and Experience
- Tertiary qualifications in Work Health and Safety or a related field (highly desirable)
- Detailed knowledge of the Commonwealth legislative framework and emergency planning standards and practices.
- Development and implementation of creative and innovative safety management approaches
- Assisting workers acquit their WHS accountabilities
- Coordination of corporate emergency planning
- Experience in the design and delivery of educational and training programs to diverse audiences (desirable)
- Experience developing and implementing innovative information management mechanisms (with a focus on enhancing system utility, user satisfaction, and data capture) (highly desirable)
Please see the link below to view the full Position Description:
Safety System Specialist - PD.pdf
Should you require any further information please contact Andrew McKay on 03 8340 8326 or firstname.lastname@example.org
How to Apply
To apply for this position please lodge an application online via the “apply link” attaching your resume, a cover letter (which addresses the ‘Skills, Competencies and Qualifications’ section of the position description) and complete the application form.
Applications close 11.55pm (AEST) Sunday 21 July 2019
Please refer to the security check requirements successful applicants will be required to undertake as part of the recruitment process.
Airservices values social and cultural diversity and is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and the provision of a safe and healthy work environment.
In the interests of safety, we test for alcohol and other drugs.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Application close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now