General Services Officer- Linesman/Rigger
Job no: 498580
Work type: Fixed Term Full Time
Categories: Engineering, Safety, ANS
Airservices is a government owned organisation providing safe, secure, efficient and environmentally responsible services to the aviation industry.
Each year we manage over four million aircraft movements carrying more than 156 million passengers, and provide air navigation services across 11 per cent of the world’s airspace.
In this role you will perform maintenance and/or support to airways facilities as per prescribed standards, so as to ensure the operational safety and integrity of the national airways system.
The safety of the air traffic system is the most important consideration when carrying out any duties associated with this position.
You will report to a Brisbane based Team Leader providing day to day assignment of work, HR assistance, development planning.
An ideal candidate will be reliable, self-motivated and well presented. They must possess relevant licensing as specified by Legislative and/or Airservices requirements. Experience in the maintenance of mast, towers and similar structure’s is essential. Travel and work in remote locations will be a requirement of the role.
The candidate must be able to work in a small team and have strong WHS work ethics.
People enjoy working in this team because it provides them the opportunity to work on systems supporting the aviation industry in a professional and supportive environment.
Skills and Experience
- Current Australian Driver’s Licence
- Heavy Vehicle Drivers licence endorsement
- Current First Aid Certificate
- Certificate 3 – Rigging
- Working Safely at Heights Certificate
- High Risk Work License with endorsed classes:
- RI Intermediate Rigging
- DG – Dogging
- WP – Elevated Work Platform
- LF- forklift
- ACMA Data Cabling Licences with endorsements in Coaxial, Optical Fibre, Underground and Aerial cabling
- Contractor White Card
- Apply a knowledge and understanding of the equipment, policies, procedures, instructions and other relevant documentation, appropriate to the position.
- Plan, organise and perform activities and tasks with limited guidance, for cost effective outcomes
- Work with limited technical guidance, in the maintenance and/or support of the national airways system and associated equipment.
- Ability to obtain an Aviation Security Identification Card
- Australian Citizenship (requirement for Defence Baseline Security Clearance)
Please see the link below to view the full Position Description:
General Services Officer (Lines) Band 2_3 PD.pdf
Should you require any further information please contact Rhys Lindsay on 07 38608034 or email email@example.com
How to Apply
To apply for this position please lodge an application online via the “apply link” attaching your resume and a cover letter outlining your skills and experience and how they relate to this role.
Applications close 11.55 pm (AEST) Friday 26th July 2019.
Please refer to the security check requirements successful applicants will be required to undertake as part of the recruitment process.
Airservices values social and cultural diversity and is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and the provision of a safe and healthy work environment.
In the interests of safety, we test for alcohol and other drugs.
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Application close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now