Senior Resilience Specialist
Job no: 498566
Work type: Fixed Term Full Time, Labour Hire
Categories: Safety, Training
Airservices is a government owned organisation providing safe, secure, efficient and environmentally responsible services to the aviation industry.
Each year we manage over four million aircraft movements carrying more than 156 million passengers, and provide air navigation services across 11 per cent of the world’s airspace.
The Senior Resilience Specialist role sits within the Security Unit and is responsible for maintaining Airservices Resilience Standard and suite of supporting documentation/tools which deliver guidance and advice to the business on key organisational resilience and BCM principles.
In the role you will contribute significantly to the development of the organisational resilience strategy, maintain positive and productive relationships across the organisation and identify improvement opportunities for the business through the conduct of an annual exercise and training programme.
In the role you will be responsible for the coordination, design and delivery of an annual training and exercise programme to validate Airservices incident management arrangements and ensure compliance with key organisational Frameworks.
Also within the role you will be responsible for the conduct of assurance activities, including; exercises, oversight/assurance of critical plans and targeted assurance reviews or post incident reviews.
This is a 12 month fixed term contract opportunity.
The successful applicant will demonstrate an ability to:
- work productively in a high-pressure environment under high stress situations and adapt to changing priorities and tasks.
- establish good relationships with customers and staff and build a wide and effective network of contacts inside and outside the organisation.
- research and interpret a broad range of information
People enjoy the cohesive and friendly nature of our team, the ability to work across a diverse range of internal stakeholders, including senior leaders and working within a dynamic opportunity rich environment and industry.
Skills and Experience
The successful applicant will have:
- Demonstrated experience of BCM principles, e.g. business continuity planning, exercise management and/or incident management
- Recognised tertiary qualification in emergency management or a similar discipline
- Strong interpersonal skills including influencing, strategic thinking and ability to challenge the norm
- To be considered for the role you must be an Australian citizen with the ability to obtain and hold an Australian Government Negative Vetting 1 security clearance.
Please see the link below to view the full Position Description:
PD - Senior Resilience Specialist.pdf
Should you require any further information please contact Lisel Hindle - Security Manager on 02 6268 4102 or Lisel.email@example.com
How to Apply
To apply for this position please lodge an application online via the “apply link” attaching your resume and a cover letter outlining your skills and experience and how they relate to this role.
Applications close 11.55 pm (AEST) Tuesday 23 July 2019.
Please refer to the security check requirements successful applicants will be required to undertake as part of the recruitment process.
Airservices values social and cultural diversity and is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and the provision of a safe and healthy work environment.
In the interests of safety, we test for alcohol and other drugs.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Application close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now