Service Desk Operator
Job no: 498542
Work type: Full Time Permanent
Categories: Information Technology, Technology
Airservices is a government owned organisation providing safe, secure, efficient and environmentally responsible services to the aviation industry.
Each year we manage over four million aircraft movements carrying more than 156 million passengers, and provide air navigation services across 11 per cent of the world’s airspace.
Few of the key responsibilities are:
- Demonstrate a strong customer focus in order to maintain and enhance customer satisfaction and acts as single point of contact on a 24x7 roster
- Log and resolve all Enquiries/Incidents/Requests and contact with the Service Desk in the ITSM Tool within agreed SLA timeframes
- Actively contribute to Knowledge Management within the Service Desk Knowledge Management databases in accordance with procedures and guides, and their associated solutions and procedures.
- Contribute to the ongoing continuous improvement of the Service Desk procedures and processes
The ideal candidate should be able to handle service desk tickets and resolve issues in a timely manner.
- Excellent trouble shooting and diagnosis skills
- Ability to translate IT technical terms and ability to meet deadlines
- Are smart, and able to apply it with common sense
- Have can-do attitude and aptitude for learning
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Supportive and open-minded leadership
- Latest tools and the opportunity to help us make them even better
- Open and cordial working environment
Skills and Experience
- Extensive experience in IT Help Desk/Service Desk environments
- A demonstrated ability to interpret data and work with limited technical guidance on moderately complex tasks
- The ability to understand issues that may have a high corporate impact and require escalation to management
- Good level of understanding of IT environments including the use of ITSM tools
- Demonstrated and strong experience in following procedures
- Highly developed interpersonal, representation and communication skills, including a proven ability to develop, influence and maintain working relationships at senior levels.
- Strong customer service experience
- ITIL Foundation Certification (preferred)
- ServiceNow experience (preferred)
Please see the link below to view the full Position Description:
PD - Service Desk Operator.pdf
Should you require any further information please contact Paola Abroguena on Paola.Abroguena@AirservicesAustralia.com.
How to Apply
To apply for this position please lodge an application online via the “apply link” attaching your resume and a cover letter outlining your skills and experience and how they relate to this role.
Applications close 11.55 pm (AEST) Sunday 30 June 2019.
Please refer to the security check requirements successful applicants will be required to undertake as part of the recruitment process.
Airservices values social and cultural diversity and is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and the provision of a safe and healthy work environment.
In the interests of safety, we test for alcohol and other drugs.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Application close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now