Airservices is a government owned organisation providing safe, secure, efficient and environmentally responsible services to the aviation industry.
Each year we manage over four million aircraft movements carrying more than 156 million passengers, and provide air navigation services across 11 per cent of the world’s airspace.
Your primary role as a Software Engineer will be to provide software support and development of enhancements for a variety of high reliability systems including High Frequency Radio Control System, Aeronautical Information Systems, Intranet Hosted Web-based Database Systems, Monitoring and Control Systems and test support tools. You will also participate in projects delivering new and state of the art systems for the provision and support of Air Traffic Control Services.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a recently graduated software engineer to join a supportive and professional team, and learn new skills.
In return for your software engineering expertise and knowledge, pro-active approach, confidence, professionalism, solution focus and commitment, we will reward you with diverse and challenging work, scope for professional development, excellent remuneration and an opportunity to work with a highly skilled, vibrant, motivated and supportive team, within a values based organisation.
Airservices’ values reflect what is important to the organisation and our team culture embodies those values. We are proud of our people, our successes and our contribution to the safety of Australia’s aviation industry. We build relationships on trust and respect. We are innovative, achieve more together and are authentic in our actions.
Skills and Experience
The successful applicant will have:
- University studies and practical experience in multiple programming languages such as C, C++, Java (SE and EE), Python, SQL, ASP .Net MVC
- Windows and Linux systems knowledge, including system administration and writing batch/shell scripts
- Excellent documentation skills with the ability to prepare requirements specifications, design documents, test plans and system support manuals
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills for liaising with a variety of engineers, project managers, system users and technical support personnel across Australia
- An appropriate Engineering, Computer Science or Information Technology degree from an Australian Tertiary Institution, or certified equivalent qualification
- To be eligible to apply, you must be an Australian citizen as the ability to obtain an Australian Government Baseline Security Clearance is required for this role.
Please see the link below to view the full Position Description:
PD - Software Engineer.pdf
Should you require any further information please contact Duncan McCreanor on (03) 9339 2426.
How to Apply
To apply for this position please lodge an application online via the “apply link” attaching your resume and a cover letter outlining your skills and experience and how they relate to this role.
Successful applicants will be required to undertake a security check for issuing of an Aviation Security Identification Card as part of the recruitment process and may in the future be required to obtain a Baseline Security Clearance.
Airservices values social and cultural diversity and is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and the provision of a safe and healthy work environment.
In the interests of safety, we test for alcohol and other drugs.