Team Leader – Aviation System Technical Maintenance
Job no: 498517
Work type: Full Time Permanent
Categories: Information Technology, Engineering
Airservices is a government owned organisation providing safe, secure, efficient and environmentally responsible services to the aviation industry.
Each year we manage over four million aircraft movements carrying more than 156 million passengers, and provide air navigation services across 11 per cent of the world’s airspace.
This role provides the leadership and management of a technically diverse team delivering safe, efficient and effective frontline preventative and corrective maintenance services, as well as allied support functions.
You will strive to align service delivery with stakeholder requirements and organisational strategies, while ensuring that work is managed in conformance with key business systems and processes.
Applicants must be highly motivated individuals with demonstrated leadership and management ability. Candidates will possess strong communication skills and be able to converse on technical and people related matters with a range of stakeholders across the organisation. You will be capable of exercising exceptional levels of initiative and judgement in both an independent and team situation.
You will be leading a diverse, dynamic and highly skilled team of technical practitioners who provide frontline maintenance and support services for critical Air Traffic Control related systems. The team takes pride in their work, are passionate about the services they provide and are committed to maintaining an inclusive workplace.
Skills and Experience
The successful applicant will have:
- Demonstrated capability or line management experience in maintenance support of critical and complex operational systems.
- Demonstrated leadership and management ability in an autonomous work environment.
- Proven ability to effectively manage a complex maintenance facility which includes office, workshop and site storage.
- Experience leading the reviews of current procedures and practices with a view to driving the continuous improvement of maintenance management systems and processes.
- Appropriate tertiary or industry-specific leadership qualifications, or evidence of relevant equivalent knowledge.
- A Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (desirable).
- To be eligible to apply, you must be an Australian citizen as a Defence Baseline Security Clearance is required for this role.
Please see the link below to view the full Position Description:
PD - Team Leader Airways Systems.pdf
Should you require any further information please contact Glenn Williams on (07) 3866 3572 or email@example.com
How to Apply
To apply for this position please lodge an application online via the “apply link” attaching your resume and a cover letter outlining your skills and experience and how they relate to this role.
Applications close 11.55 pm (AEST) Monday 22 July 2019.
Please refer to the security check requirements successful applicants will be required to undertake as part of the recruitment process.
Airservices values social and cultural diversity and is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and the provision of a safe and healthy work environment.
In the interests of safety, we test for alcohol and other drugs.
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Application close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now