Airservices is a government owned organisation providing safe, secure, efficient and environmentally responsible services to the aviation industry.
Each year we manage over four million aircraft movements carrying more than 156 million passengers, and provide air navigation services across 11 per cent of the world’s airspace.
The Eurocat/INTAS Support team is currently recruiting for an Engineering Specialist to provide software support, software verification and validation, software configuration management, as well as systems engineering for Air Traffic Management Systems supported by the team.
Being part of the Eurocat/INTAS Support team, the Engineering Specialist will participate in:
- Providing specialist technological expertise to the systems and software supported by the team
- The specification, testing, review and integration of enhancements
- The preliminary analysis, investigation, review, implementation and testing of defect and configuration changes
- The testing, analysis and review of changes to external interfaces
- Supporting and leading projects and/or activities which entail interaction outside of the immediate team
We are looking for a highly motivated and skilled individual with good communication and time management skills who can work to deadlines. The candidate will require strong problem solving and anlaystical skills with high attention to detail and have the ability to adapt to shifts in circumstances and priorities.
You will be part of a diverse, dynamic and highly skilled team of engineers who provide frontline maintenance and support services for the operation of Air Traffic Management system. Our team are passionate about development, innovation, collaboration and are committed to maintaining an inclusive workplace.
Skills and Experience
The successful applicant will have:
- Experience with Air Traffic Management systems or large scale, real time systems
- Experience in test life cycle, test processes and test procedures
- Experience in providing systems support including investigation, management and resolution of defects, enhancement and configuration changes
- Experience with system administration of computing platforms
Eurocat, INTAS and/or ATC experience is highly desirable
It is essential that the candidate holds a degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering or other approved discipline from an Australian tertiary institution or certified equivalent qualification
Please see the link below to view the full Position Description:
Position Description - Engineering Specialist.pdf
Should you require any further information please contact Muralidhar Kallapalle on (03) 9339 2518.
How to Apply
To apply for this position please lodge an application online via the “apply link” attaching your resume and a cover letter outlining your skills and experience and how they relate to this role.
Applications close 11.55 pm (AEST) 26 MAY 2019.
Please refer to the security check requirements successful applicants will be required to undertake as part of the recruitment process.
Airservices values social and cultural diversity and is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and the provision of a safe and healthy work environment.
In the interests of safety, we test for alcohol and other drugs.