Strategic Stakeholder (Communications) Manager
Job no: 498495
Work type: Full Time Permanent
Categories: Marketing, Management, ARFFS
Airservices is a government owned organisation providing safe, secure, efficient and environmentally responsible services to the aviation industry. Each year we manage over four million aircraft movements carrying more than 156 million passengers, and provide air navigation services across 11 per cent of the world’s airspace.
Join an organisation who is filled with passionate workers contributing to the safety of our community. We are a government owned organisation who provide civilian air traffic control across 11% of the world’s airspace and aviation rescue firefighting services at 26 airports nationally.
We are looking for an innovative, experienced, highly motivated, outcome-oriented senior leader to be our Strategic Stakeholder Manager of our Aviation Rescue Firefighting Service (ARFFS).
You will be responsible for the leading the overall communications function in ARFFS. The Strategic Stakeholder Manager is a key leadership role that delivers on the full range of communications activities, both strategic and operational. You have responsibility for engaging with and influencing ARFFS internal staff, external customers and stakeholders to maximise engagement, alignment, reputation and branding of ARFFS.
You will lead the delivery of a best practice, innovative ARFFS Communication and Engagement Strategy as well as manager our customer and stakeholder relationships effectively.
To be successful you will be an experienced senior communications practitioner having worked in a similar role in large, nationally based and industrial organisation. You inspire new ways of thinking and can demonstrate that you have delivered innovative and tailored communications solutions. You can work strategically and tactically and have superior influencing and stakeholder management skills.
Skills and Experience
The successful applicant will have:
- Strong leadership, influencing, stakeholder management and communications skills
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in Communications or a related field
- Proven communications (internal and external) experience at a senior advisor level or higher, within a large nationally based organisation
- Demonstrated ability to develop and present innovative solutions and influence outcomes
- Superior written and verbal skills, creative flair and an eye for detail
- Proven relationship and stakeholder management skills
- Proven ability to work under pressure and regularly meets deadlines in a multi-tasking environment
Please see the link below to view the full Position Description:
Strategic Stakeholder Manager.pdf
Should you require any further information please contact Office of Executive General Manager on 02 6268 5415
How to Apply
To apply for this position please lodge an application online via the “apply link” attaching the following:
- Maximum two page cover letter or statement addressing how they feel they are suitable for the role, with consideration of role accountabilities, skills and competencies as outlined in the role description; and
- Example of a strong communications strategy, plan or document that you have written or produced.
Applications close 11.55 pm (AEST) Wednesday 5 June 2019.
Please refer to the security check requirements successful applicants will be required to undertake as part of the recruitment process.
Airservices values social and cultural diversity and is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and the provision of a safe and healthy work environment.
In the interests of safety, we test for alcohol and other drugs.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Application close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now