Airservices is a government owned organisation providing safe, secure, efficient and environmentally responsible services to the aviation industry.
Each year we manage over four million aircraft movements carrying more than 156 million passengers, and provide air navigation services across 11 per cent of the world’s airspace.
OneSKY Australia—a joint activity between Airservices and the Department of Defence—is responsible for planning, developing and implementing Australia’s next-generation ATM.
Play a leading role in realising the promise of OneSKY: the world’s first combined civil and military Air-Traffic Management (ATM) capability.
Provide assurance that OneSKY’s engineering plans, processes and procedures support the Program’s safety, security and fitness-for-purpose outcomes.
Lead internal compliance assurance in a pragmatic and contemporary manner in close coordination across the breadth of OneSKY’s stakeholder community.
Be an integral part of OneSKY’s contribution to Airservices continual excellent delivery of safety, environmental, WHS, risk and compliance outcomes.
To be successful in this role, you will build, establish and maintain important relationships with the CMATS Design Authority, the broader Airservices organisation, the civil regulator and a range of Defence acquisition, sustainment, operational and regulatory stakeholders.
As a leader, you will provide clear direction, motivate and empower your team to achieve OneSKY’s objectives.
Professional, capable and diverse. A resilient team spirit exists within Acquisition Engineering Assurance and across the broader OneSKY Joint Program Team that continues to embrace, and rise to meet the challenges presented by such an ambitions, world-leading Program.
Skills and Experience
The successful applicant will have:
- Relevant tertiary degree in engineering and be eligible for recognition as a Chartered Professional Engineer by Engineers Australia, or equivalent national professional body
- Successful Systems Engineering track-record in capital acquisition, and transition to service of highly-complex mission-critical systems
- Experience in deploying Air Traffic Management technology with a focus on service delivery improvements
- Analyse complex problems, develop and present innovative solutions and influence outcomes, to ensure technical acceptability of the OneSKY capability
- Highly-developed interpersonal skills, establish and maintain strategic relationships assertively articulate and reinforce program and performance standards while maintaining strong and effective stakeholder relationships
- Demonstrated values-based leadership, and ability to build organisational capability and culture
You must be an Australian citizen eligible for a Negative Vetting 1 (NV1) Australian Government Security Clearance.
Please see the link below to view the full Position Description:
Acquisition Engineering Assurance Lead.pdf
Should you require any further information please contact George Kerlin on (07) 3866 3263 or firstname.lastname@example.org
How to Apply
To apply for this position please lodge an application online via the “apply link” attaching your resume and a cover letter outlining your skills and experience and how they relate to this role.
Applications close 11.55 pm (AEST) Sunday 26th May 2019.
Please refer to the security check requirements successful applicants will be required to undertake as part of the recruitment process.
Airservices values social and cultural diversity and is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and the provision of a safe and healthy work environment.
In the interests of safety, we test for alcohol and other drugs.