Program Manager - Environment (PFAS)
Job no: 498462
Work type: Full Time Permanent
Categories: Management, ARFFS
Airservices is a government owned organisation providing safe, secure, efficient and environmentally responsible services to the aviation industry.
Each year we manage over four million aircraft movements carrying more than 156 million passengers, and provide air navigation services across 11 per cent of the world’s airspace.
Airservices has been actively and responsibly managing issues arising from the use of fire fighting foams now known to have contained per- and poly-fluoroalkyl substances (PFAS) since it became aware of concerns in the early 2000s. Airservices management of historic PFAS contamination is an extremely important focus for an organisation which takes its environmental responsibilities extremely seriously.
Your leadership in guiding a team of environmental and stakeholder specialists and external resources will be key to maintaining a deliberate and controlled approach to managing PFAS issues.
- Manage the implementation of Airservices PFAS Management Plan, through the effective leadership of internal and external staff resources
- Lead the PFAS Program strategic engagement with Commonwealth, state and territory regulators, health and environment authorities, airports and community representatives
- Provide accurate, considered and timely advices to ARFFS and Airservices senior leadership to assist in key decision making.
- Lead, coach, develop and retain a high-performance team with an emphasis on creating an accountable performance culture.
The successful candidate will bring decisive strategic leadership and influencing skills to the role, being able to positively engage and influence internal and external stakeholders. You will be an agile and resilient senior manager who is experienced in leading diverse teams in dealing with complex and controversial programs with an outcome based focus.
The team is made up of passionate and dedicated environmental and stakeholder engagement specialists who enjoy working on this program because of the unique challenges it presents.
Skills and Experience
The successful applicant will have:
- Bachelor Degree in a technical or business field, postgraduate desired.
- Strong leadership, influencing, stakeholder management and communication sills
- Demonstrated ability to drive, deliver and sustain large change in a complex environment
- Demonstrated experience in managing complex programs, program delivery and benefits realization
- Ability to develop and present innovative solutions and influence outcomes.
Please see the link below to view the full Position Description:
Environment (PFAS) Program Manager - ARFFS.pdf
Should you require any further information please contact Stephen Miles on 07 3866 3614 and email@example.com
How to Apply
To apply for this position please lodge an application online via the “apply link” attaching your resume and a cover letter outlining your skills and experience and how they relate to this role.
Applications close 11.55 pm (AEST) Sunday 28 April 2019.
Please refer to the security check requirements successful applicants will be required to undertake as part of the recruitment process.
Airservices values social and cultural diversity and is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and the provision of a safe and healthy work environment.
In the interests of safety, we test for alcohol and other drugs.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Application close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now