Simulator Support Officer
Job no: 497340
Work type: Full Time Permanent
Airservices is a government owned organisation providing safe, secure, efficient and environmentally responsible services to the aviation industry.
Each year we manage over four million aircraft movements carrying more than 156 million passengers, and provide air navigation services across 11 per cent of the world’s airspace.
Within Airservices, 'ANS Ongoing Training' is accountable for the design and delivery of education and training activities which develop capability and maintain competencies of Air Traffic Controllers and officers to enable safe and effective service delivery.
Training is a key enabler for ongoing workforce capability development in air traffic services and presents an exciting platform for innovation and new technologies. As a Simulator Support Officer you will deliver simulation exercises by performing the role of a simulator pilot, simulator air traffic control, and fulfil coordination as other agencies
You will also contribute to the design, development and delivery of innovative and high quality competency based delivery solutions to ensure effective and efficient training outcomes for operational air traffic control. You will ensure that compliance, safety, business and regulatory requirements are met.
People enjoy working in our team as they are able to have an impact and influence on our ongoing training and project work. Working within small and varied teams that allow a “can do attitude” to prevail.
Skills and Experience
The successful applicant will have:
- Demonstrated ability to interpret and action information/data in accordance with set procedures and strict time frames
- Proficient computer skills and knowledge of typical Microsoft products commensurate with the requirements of the position, with the ability to learn and apply new technologies
- Proven ability to assess, evaluate, analyse and action information from multiple sources
- Ability to perform accurate mental arithmetic and work within set timeframes
- Demonstrated ability to work and communicate in a team environment
- Hold and maintain ICAO English Language Proficiency at level 6 or equivalent (essential)
- Training experience in aviation simulators, or a related field (highly desirable)
- Knowledge of simulator hardware and software systems (e.g. Thales, Adacel) (highly desirable)
- Aviation qualifications (flying or tertiary studies) (highly desirable)
Please see the link below to view the full Position Description:
Simulator Support Officer - Brisbane - PD.pdf
Should you require any further information please Russ Dando on email@example.com
How to Apply
To apply for this position please lodge an application online via the “apply link” attaching your resume and a cover letter outlining your skills and experience and how they relate to this role.
Applications close 11.55 pm (AEST) Wednesday 23rd January 2019.
Please refer to the security check requirements successful applicants will be required to undertake as part of the recruitment process.
Airservices values social and cultural diversity and is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and the provision of a safe and healthy work environment.
In the interests of safety, we test for alcohol and other drugs.
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Application close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now