Airservices is a government-owned organisation providing safe, secure, efficient and environmentally responsible air navigation and aviation rescue fire-fighting services to the aviation industry.
The Air Navigation Services (ANS) Group is responsible for Australia’s airspace management, aeronautical information, aviation communications, and radio navigation aids services.
The Portfolio Management Office Unit has responsibility for the development and governance of the ANS Portfolio Investment Plan and Portfolio Delivery Plan, as well as the implementation and adherence to the P3M Framework. This includes the management of ANS investment demand and all associated governance.
Work with the ATM Portfolio Investment Management Advisor, to analyse and inform capital investment planning for Air Navigation Services. Collaborate with other service and business areas to inform the organisational investment activity.
Additionally, you will also contribute to the development and maintenance of key portfolio level documentation such as the Portfolio Investment Plan, Portfolio Delivery Plan and Portfolio Work Plan.
The role offers a high level of variety and requires a person who:
- has a strong appreciation of the need to be responsive to stakeholder expectations, and is able to manage changing priorities and demands with professionalism and sensitivity.
- has experience in the practical application of P3M for portfolio investment and delivery, within a government owned critical infrastructure service delivery organisation like Airservices.
- has demonstrated ability to analyse complex information, distil into simple form and then present and communicate to a range of portfolio senior management, as required.
You will have demonstrated ability to identify and analyse key issues, recommend and where required, drive acceptable solutions.
You will have a high level of interpersonal and communications skills to establish, develop and maintain effective working relationships with staff in related stakeholder groups within Airservices.
You will be an integral part of the Portfolio Management Office which comprises a dynamic and multi-disciplined team providing a range of investment planning, governance & assurance, and reporting services for the ANS portfolio. The environment we operate in is highly dynamic and we are currently on an improvement program to improve our support capability and adding value to the business.
Our diverse team are passionate about growth, innovation and collaboration and are committed to maintaining an inclusive workplace. Collaboration, teamwork and customer focus are key themes that inspire the team to acquit their routine responsibilities and respond to emerging issues.
The successful applicant will have opportunities to expand their skillset and gain subject matter expertise across several domains.
Skills and Experience
The successful applicant will:
- have business, commerce or finance qualifications, with complementary experience in asset and capital investment planning.
- provide portfolio investment management support in accordance with the P3M framework, for the portfolio’s infrastructure projects.
- effectively work and perform in a complex and changing environment.
- meet deadlines across a range of portfolio and corporate reporting requirements, while maintaining a high level of attention to detail.
- demonstrate strong interpersonal skills with an ability to build rapport and confidence with stakeholders at all levels.
- have well-developed writing & presentation skills, with an aptitude to analyse complex information, and distil into simple form.
- have demonstrated Microsoft Office skills - Word, Excel, Powerpoint.
- Understanding of the P3M methodology.
Diversity of experience across the private and public sectors is desirable.
Please see the link below to view the full Position Description:
Portfolio Investment Demand Specialist - PD.pdf
Should you require any further information please contact Tom Wodzinski at firstname.lastname@example.org or (02) 6268 4151.
How to Apply
To apply for this position please lodge an application online via the “apply link” attaching your resume and a cover letter outlining your skills and experience and how they relate to this role.
Applications close 11.55 pm (AEST) Monday 28th January 2019.
Please refer to the security check requirements successful applicants will be required to undertake as part of the recruitment process.
Airservices values social and cultural diversity and is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and the provision of a safe and healthy work environment.
In the interests of safety, we test for alcohol and other drugs.