Strategic Sourcing Manager
Job no: 497315
Work type: Full Time Permanent
Categories: Management, Procurement, Contract Management, ANS
Airservices is a government owned organisation providing safe, secure, efficient and environmentally responsible services to the aviation industry.
Each year we manage over four million aircraft movements carrying more than 154 million passengers, and provide air navigation services across 11 per cent of the world’s airspace.
The Strategic Sourcing Manager is a key member of the Commercial Support Team, responsible for the long term planning of sourcing activities, managing the development of category strategies and ultimately developing channels of supply at the lowest total cost.
The Strategic Sourcing Manager will manage a small team of sourcing professionals to provide a broad range of strategic sourcing services and assist in developing commercial acumen within the business.
Bringing your management experience, with your ability to apply commercial and financial acumen to identify, plan and deliver strategic sourcing benefits. You will be passionate and commercially focused, with a sound understanding of strategic planning principles. With your great work ethic, and ability to adapt to changing environments, you will be a valued member of the team.
A collaborative and supportive team culture that values professionalism, objectivity and integrity.
Skills and Experience
The successful applicant will have:
- Tertiary qualification in a Business / Commerce or related discipline.
- Proven experience in a senior management or team leader position.
- Well refined interpersonal, communication, negotiation and influencing skills.
- Sound understanding of and ability to apply strategic planning principles to sourcing activities.
- Proven ability to apply both commercial and critical thinking to solve problems and increase the efficiency within an organisation.
- Proven ability to source, interpret and present information from within an organisation, across industries and from different markets.
- Strong analytical skills with ability to interpret financial data, assess expenditure trends and analyse lifecycle costs.
- Comprehensive experience and understanding of assurance activities, with an ability to manage first line assurance activities.
Please see the link below to view the full Position Description:
ASA8 Strategic Sourcing Manager.pdf
Should you require any further information please contact Leanne Brooker on 02 6268 4383 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
How to Apply
To apply for this position please lodge an application online via the “apply link” attaching your resume and a cover letter outlining your skills and experience and how they relate to this role
Applications close 11.55pm (AEST) 16 December 2018.
Please refer to the security check requirements successful applicants will be required to undertake as part of the recruitment process.
Airservices values social and cultural diversity and is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and the provision of a safe and healthy work environment.
In the interests of safety, we test for alcohol and other drugs.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Application close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now