Job no: 497280
Work type: Full Time Permanent
Location: VIC, ACT, QLD, Various
Airservices is a government owned organisation providing safe, secure, efficient and environmentally responsible services to the aviation industry. Each year we manage over four million aircraft movements carrying more than 156 million passengers, and provide air navigation services across 11 per cent of the world’s airspace.
Airservices Aviation Rescue Fire Fighting Services (ARFFS) provides aviation rescue fire fighting services at 26 airports across Australia.
Within ARFFS is the Environment Program, which works to effectively and efficiently manage ARFFS environmental obligations. This is achieved through the implementation of products and processes in ARFFS to reduce adverse effects to the environment and personnel, through the use of fire fighting equipment and solutions.
This important new position is required to work alongside a team of specialists who are charged with delivering environmental services and advice for ARFFS. This position will implement Airservices’ ARFFS environment strategy and initiatives and proactively manage environmental issues.
- You will develop and implement environmental systems plans and initiatives, and proactively manage non-con-compliance issues including the implementation of appropriate rectification plans and remedial works
- Be responsible for managing the development and implementation of Operating Environmental Management Plans (OEMPs) across Australian airports where Airservices operates
- Development of appropriate response/action plans and engagement of specialist resources as and when required, along with the provision of advice, support and training for ARFFS line leaders in relation to their environmental accountabilities
The right candidate will demonstrate to the ability to work takes initiative, act with confidence and works under own direction, while also positively contributing to the broader ARFFS Environment team.
You will be able to establishes good relationships with stakeholders and staff and apply specialist and detailed technical expertise.
Work in a team where people are passionate about what they do and the value the team provides to the Airservices ARFFS. The team provides an inclusive and supportive culture where members can use their full technical skill set and expertise.
Skills and Experience
The successful applicant will have:
- Tertiary qualifications in relevant environmental or technical field are essential
- 5+ years’ industry experience- most recently specialising in environmental systems and contaminated land
- Exposure in the assessment through to remediation phase of environmental systems and the associated report writing
- Previous experience in conducting environmental audits and producing reports on environmental performance
- Environmental knowledge, experience and technical skills to deliver high quality advice, training and support
- Ability to manage complex environmental issues in a geographically diverse organisation to deliver practical solutions
Please see the link below to view the full Position Description:
Position Description - Environmental Specialist.pdf
Should you require any further information please contact Nick Edwards on (02) 6268 5460 and/or email email@example.com.
How to Apply
To apply for this position please lodge an application online via the “apply link” attaching your resume and a cover letter outlining your skills and experience and how they relate to this role.
Applications close 11.55 pm (AEDST) Thursday 22nd November 2018.
Please refer to the security check requirements successful applicants will be required to undertake as part of the recruitment process.
Airservices values social and cultural diversity and is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and the provision of a safe and healthy work environment.
In the interests of safety, we test for alcohol and other drugs.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Application close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now