Airservices is a government owned organisation providing safe, secure, efficient and environmentally responsible services to the aviation industry. Each year we manage over four million aircraft movements carrying more than 156 million passengers, and provide air navigation services across 11 per cent of the world’s airspace.
As an Executive Assistant, you will provide high level administrative and business support to the ARFFS Executive General Manager (EGM) as well as the ARFFS Senior Leadership Team and broader organisation as required.
You will plan, manage and perform business support, clerical, administrative and coordination activities including human resources, finance, travel, records management, procurement, quality assurance, governance and the full range of support functions. You will take the initiative for achieving outcomes, progressing work and focusing on identifying opportunities for continuous improvement. You will have considerable stakeholder engagement experience and will be required to identify relevant stakeholders’ expectations and concerns to develop a clear understanding of what is required in order to achieve outcomes.
We are looking for a friendly, astute-professional, with extensive Executive Assistant experience, who is a solutions focused team member and thrives on being the support function for the manager. You will know how to navigate and influence across an organisation and use your interpersonal and initiative skills to achieve results. As well as exhibiting the highest levels of discretion and integrity, you demonstrate attention to detail, a positive and flexible outlook to managing work and potential challenges, as well as a methodical, determined approach to completing tasks accurately, consistently and on time.
Skills and Experience
- Extensive experience in managing, planning and coordinating the delivery of a full range of day-to-day executive functions for the provision of corporate support to a Senior Executive in a demanding, dynamic and fast paced environment
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong organisational and problem solving skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks and to organise, prioritise and be flexible to changing requirements
- Demonstrated experience in establishing and continually improving systems and procedures to monitor and control workflow
- Proven high level of computer literacy in Microsoft Office Suite as well as use of enterprise wide business systems
Please see the link below to view the full Position Description and position accountabilities:
Position Description - Executive Assistant.pdf
Should you require any further information please contact (during AEDST Business Hours only) Laura Taylor, People Services Manager on 02 6268 4103.
You must apply through our online recruitment system (email applications will not be accepted) and you are required to provide:
- A current CV or Resume
- A cover letter or statement (maximum 750 words) addressing your suitability and motivation for the role (please review the position description key accountabilities and skills/experience/qualifications sections when preparing your cover letter – if these areas are not suitably and succinctly satisfied then your application will not be progressed)
- An example of written work or correspondence you have recently prepared in a similar role (please de-identify any confidential names or information). This can be a report, presentation, email, letter etc.
Flexible Working Arrangements
Airservices recognises and supports flexible working arrangements. The role is full time with a requirement for flexibility in hours or occasional out of hour’s support however requests for alternate and flexible working arrangements will be considered for the successful incumbent.
How to Apply
To apply for this position please lodge an application online via the “apply link” attaching your resume and a cover letter outlining your skills and experience and how they relate to this role.
Applications close 11.55 pm (AEST) Tuesday 20th November 2018.
Please refer to the security check requirements successful applicants will be required to undertake as part of the recruitment process.
Airservices is a government owned corporation providing the aviation industry with services such as air traffic control, navigation facilities and aviation rescue and firefighting.
Airservices values social and cultural diversity and is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and the provision of a safe and healthy work environment.
In the interests of safety, we test for alcohol and other drugs.