Technology Assurance Specialist - Information Systems
Job no: 497241
Work type: Full Time Permanent
Location: VIC, QLD
Categories: Technology, ANS
Airservices is a government owned organisation providing safe, secure, efficient and environmentally responsible services to the aviation industry.
Each year we manage over four million aircraft movements carrying more than 156 million passengers, and provide air navigation services across 11 per cent of the world’s airspace.
As the Technology Assurance Specialist, you will play an integral role in shaping pertinent framework activities that are compliant with the relevant technical governance and regulatory standards and to articulate the requirements to stakeholders. You will be responsible for building, maintaining and improving the technology competency standards within all information management systems.
Your experience demonstrates associated ability to deliver high quality outcomes in a large and complex organisation. You are a skilled communicator (written and oral) who can influence and negotiate at all levels within the organisation and leverage experience to anticipate challenges and opportunities.
You will establish, develop and maintain effective working relationships with staff and stakeholders within Airservices, as well as from external providers and regulatory bodies.
The role will require the person to understand the relevant standards, regulatory obligations and technical risks, contribute to the baseline competency requirements and initiate risk based Line 2 assurance activities and report on the findings, ensuring compliance.
Skills and Experience
The successful applicant will have:
- Understanding of the organisational frameworks including application of;
- Familiarisation of Asset Operations and functions used in the Air Traffic / Information Systems environment;
- Proven success in applying data mining process to find patterns and build models and using the results to solve complex problems;
- Strong written and oral communications skills to enable a diverse audience to easily understand the results of data analysis;
- Ability to drive Quality Assurance through:
- developing and maintaining a working knowledge of recognised guidelines, regulations and standards, and
- highly developed communication and interpersonal skills.
- Aptitude to work autonomously and as part of cross-functional teams;
- Talent to deliver quality and timely work outputs within a fast-paced and complex organisational setting;
- Accomplish innovative methods and make connections from other fields into aviation safety analysis to understand, frame and solve complex problems;
- Tertiary qualifications or equivalent experience in engineering or technology.
Please see the link below to view the full Position Description:
Technology Assurance Specialist - Information Management_PD.pdf
Should you require any further information please contact David Christensen on 07 3866 3222 or email@example.com
How to Apply
To apply for this position please lodge an application online via the “apply link” attaching your resume and a cover letter outlining your skills and experience and how they relate to this role.
Applications close 11.55 pm (AEST) Sunday 25th November 2018.
Please refer to the security check requirements successful applicants will be required to undertake as part of the recruitment process.
Airservices values social and cultural diversity and is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and the provision of a safe and healthy work environment.
In the interests of safety, we test for alcohol and other drugs.
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Application close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now