Airservices is a government owned organisation providing safe, secure, efficient and environmentally responsible services to the aviation industry.
Each year Airservices manages over four million aircraft movements carrying more than 156 million passengers and provides air navigation services across 11 per cent of the world’s airspace.
Airservices has two major operating centres in Melbourne and Brisbane, a corporate office in Canberra whilst having presence in the all capital cities throughout Australia. We operate 29 air traffic control towers, a vast network of navigation services and provide aviation rescue firefighting services at 26 Australian airports.
As part of the Infrastructure Asset Services team, the Senior Facility Manager will manage and control the consistent, responsive and cost effective delivery of day to day facilities management services in accordance with Airservices’ strategies and policies.
You will be responsible for the delivery of Facility Management within a determined regional area and provide support to the national team as required. Whilst providing fit for purpose and secure facilities through continual preventative/reactionary maintenance, evaluation of user requirements and continuous improvement initiatives.
This diverse role incorporates project management, contribution to nationally driven programs, identification of purpose improvement initiatives whilst having a strong emphasis on stakeholder relationship management.
You will provide mentoring of Facility Managers and other technical maintenance staff within the Airservices structure. Having the capability to have a strong service delivery ethic together with a focus on systematic continuous improvement in the provision of facilities management services is a must.
The Person, Skills and Experience
The successful applicant will have:
- Over 7 years of concentrated Facilities Management experience within a multi-site regional based portfolio which included building services, contract management, project management and budgetary responsibilities.
- Experience and ability to manage remote and geographically dispersed facilities, ensuring consistent service levels and achievement of deliverables.
- Demonstrated ability to identify business improvement opportunities, manage and implement WHS procedure and process a sound working knowledge of industry standards
- Proven experience in autonomous roles in a national team environment
- Effectively planning of activities and projects for successful outcomes
- Demonstrated ability to communicate to internal and external stakeholders in the achievement of goals and outcomes
- An ability to provide others with a clear direction, setting standards of behaviour whilst motivating and empowering others
- Experience in maintenance based computer management systems
- Formal qualifications in a related discipline
Please see the link below to view the full Position Description:
ASA7 - Senior Facility Manager - PD.pdf
Should you require any further information please contact Neil Shervill via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
How to Apply
To apply for this position please lodge an application online via the “apply link” attaching your resume and a cover letter outlining your skills and experience and how they relate to this role.
Applications close 11.55pm (AEST) Tuesday 29th May 2018.
Please refer to the security check requirements successful applicants will be required to undertake as part of the recruitment process.
Airservices is a government owned corporation providing the aviation industry with services such as air traffic control, navigation facilities and aviation rescue and fire fighting.
Airservices values social and cultural diversity and is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and the provision of a safe and healthy work environment.
In the interests of safety, we test for alcohol and other drugs.